
The Butterfly Effect
by Andy Andrews
If you see this book laying around, pick it up and read it. It will only take you a few minutes and it will be worth your time. It is a thought provoking book that asks you to re-examine the importance of every decision you make. I really like the way the author uses stories within stories to show how sometimes small decisions made by ordinary people later had a huge impact on beyond what anyone would have predicted.
I thought at first that perhaps he was pushing the principle a little too far...because I think there are things we do that don't matter and really don't make any difference...but then I realized that even if that is the case, I don't know which things those are, so I better live like it really does matter. Not to trivialize the massage but this was my thought process. At first I said, 'the shoes I choose don't matter', but then I realized that it just might be that those shoes will attract someones attention and start a conversation that otherwise might not have happened...leading to something that will actually make a difference. I've always liked the idea of the butterfly effect and liked the way he used it to teach this principle.
Sounds like an interesting book. We made Megan's Filipino Corn Soup the other day and enjoyed it. We also made the pizza rolls. They were yummy. Thanks for the fun recipes! Also, I think there is a typo on the pizza rolls in the amount of water required for the dough. I think a 1 is missing.
ReplyDeleteThat does sound like an interesting book . . .but for those of us who are indecisive, it just might make us worse! . . .
ReplyDeleteUh . . . what shall we have for breakfast this morning?
Love you!
Mom