Joshua's first time using the potty was on: June/13/2011
I had wanted to do infant potty training with Joshua but was a little unsure of how to start. When I went to visit mom O, I stopped at IKEA and bought a little green potty to start. He peed the first time I put him on it! 2 days later he pooped on it! I had been paying very close attention for the first month to see when J would pee or poop so it has been so easy. We went on vacation the first week of July and brought the potty along. During that time we just started putting him on the potty every time we changed his diaper in addition to after eating and upon waking up. There is rarely a time that he doesn't go when held over it. One time, we were parked in the car when I changed him so I just held him over the ground and he peed. I think he is really understanding to go when we hold him like that. He gets really calm and happy when he's done.
That's great. I've thought Elimination Communication is an interesting idea. It seems like a crazy (not in a bad way) way to go, but it works for people. It also helps eliminate a lot diaper waste, which I'm sure you've considered. Maybe I'll try it one time :)
ReplyDeleteI first heard about on my mission in Hong Kong. It seemed like such a great idea! Since I've started doing it it seems so natural. Instead of making them sit in their waste, you teach them (seems more like allow) them to go like a normal person. I thought I'd be "training" him but its much more the other way 'round.
ReplyDelete