Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I heart Megan

In 2009 Megan did this post with "a mish-mash of memes about husbands. Because I love mine. Because it's our anniversary. So there. And its long. You've been warned."


This is my response to that post. Because I love her. Because it's our anniversary (or was-took me a little longer to finish than I planned...). So there. And its long. You've been warned. 

1. She's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Something by Jane Austen, most likely P&P or Persuasion. Odds are I'm watching it with her....

2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does she get on her salad?
Thousand Island. From Frederico's

3. What's one food she doesn't like?.
Pretty much anything I make…unless it’s her recipe

4. You go out to eat. Her drink would be?
 Water, unless it was winter, then it might be hot chocolate. That is, of course, if they don’t have caffeine-free Coke

5. Where did she go to high school?
Skyview. Smithfield, UT


6. What size shoe does she wear?
Small. She shops the kid’s aisle sometimes.

7. If she was to collect anything, what would it be?
Kitchen gadgets, or anything purple…so maybe purple kitchen gadgets.

8. What is her favorite season?
Winter. Hot ≠ ok



9. What would she eat every day if she could?
Potstickers with rice

10. If she could leave on a vacation tomorrow, where would she want to go?
Hong Kong and Thailand, preferably for several months each.

11. What would she never wear?
Anything immodest

12. What is her favorite sports team?
USU Hockey

13. What is her favorite candy?
Dark chocolate ___________ (fill in pretty much anything, but MilkWay, Snickers, and Reese’s among the favorites)

14. Who is her best friend?
Me.

15. What is something you do that she wishes you wouldn't do?
Stay up past bedtime (like right now, trying to finish this…)

16. What is her Heritage?
French, but they lived in Italy most of the time

17. You bake her a cake for her birthday; what kind of cake?
Dark Chocolate crepe cake, with nutella filling between each of the 30+ layers. Good luck getting here to share (unless you’re Jill).



18. Did she play sports in high school?
Debate and Drama. Ok, no sports in high school, but she did play on the soccer team at SVU.

19. What could she spend hours doing?
Cooking.

20. What is one thing you appreciate about her?
That her first priority is being a mom. There is nothing more important to her than Joshua, I really appreciate that! (Also, she’s an awesome cook!)

21. What is something your wife always says to you?
What time will you be home from work?

22. What makes your wife happy?
My first thought was Asian Food, but if the Asian food is not good, then it makes her very unhappy…so…Me and Joshua spending time with her.

23. What makes your wife sad?
When I don’t understand her. And when she wants to help other people and they don’t want to be.

24. What was your wife like as a teen?
Young teen: Awkwardly cute with short hair and always wearing baggy shirts.
Older Teen: Very cute and very involved (FBLA, Debate, Drama, World Travel, etc.)

25. How old is your wife ?
50 weeks older than me.

26. How tall is your wife ?  5’ 2”.

27. What does she do when you're not around?
Cook. Ok, I’ve used that like 4 times already, so…play with the bubby and look at food gawker.

28. If your wife becomes famous, what will it be for?
Being a home-birth, cloth diapering guru.

29. What is your wife really good at?
Being righteous. Sometimes I know something is wrong but I do it anyway. She doesn’t do that.
 Her intrinsic nature is to be good, to do right. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t make mistakes, but she doesn’t purposefully make them. She’s good at being good!

30. What is your wife not very good at?
Staying on budget. She’s definitely a free spirit.

31. What does your wife do for a job?
SAHM

32. What is your wifes favorite food? Refer to #’s 9 & 22

33. What makes you proud of your wife?
When she does something that's hard for her, like make a new friend.

34. If your wife were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Elastigirl

35. How long have you been together?
6 years

 36. How long did you date before you got married?
4 months. Almost to the day. 


37. Who eats more?
Me, unless we’re having rice. I can’t figure out how she can eat so much rice…

38. Who said "I love you" first?
She actually verbalized it first, but I ‘said’ it first. I gave her these two roses and with this note: “One says something about you. The other says something about how I feel about you”. That’s pretty clear…

39. Whose temper is worse?
Megan’s.

40. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
I do, unless she wants it.

41. Who is the most stubborn?
We're even.

42. Whose parents do you see most?
Hers, because we live so close.

43. Who kissed who first?
I kissed her. She dodged the first 2 or 3 times I tried, but I’m a persistent little bugger.

I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute post. I loved reading about E thoughts on you. I learned some new thing that I didn't know. You two are just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!! Probably because I love Megan. Why can't you guys live down here? I am honored, no really - flattered, that I have ever had a sample of that birthday cake. It is divine and deserves all the hoarding it gets. If it were mine, I don't know if I would be as generous as Megan.

    (aside) Megan: I want to call you Megan Marie. I'm not sure why. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a delightful post! So glad you share it!

    Love you both!
    Mom O

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete