Thursday, November 8, 2012

Conference Peek-a-boo!

We watched conference at Megan's parents this year. Or at least we tried to...mostly we watched Joshua, as  you can see in this movie. (speaking of, He's sitting on my lap right now as I try to type this...I need to practice if I'm going to get stuff done with him around)



Here are some of my thoughts from conference:


"It is the plan of eternal happiness, not the plan of momentary happiness."
(not sure who said it)


One of my favorite talks was by Elder Holland (during the video), giving his interpretive version of Christ visiting His disciples after His resurrection and His conversation with Peter.

And Priesthood session was awesome, as always:

"You can always find something wrong, like the people who complain about the size of the package of peanuts while soaring through the air, high above the clouds."
-President Uchtdorf

He also gave quoted the wright brothers: "Flying is utter peace, and complete tension."

I really appreciated Elder Eyring talking about how he helped his children see their potential and prepare for upcoming events, and how they continue to do that with their grandkids by asking them every week about "their spiritual achievements and service rendered".

His talk was very applicable to working with the Deacons, and preparing Joshua to receive and magnify the priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment