I'm brewing up a business idea of renting out wedding dresses. My sister-in-law rented from this girl in Provo and I thought, "Hey, I can do that!" I've devised a name: Megan's rental service (MRS) "Passing on our blessings and our dresses", and reserved a blogspot. So here I am trying to figure out how to get dresses (family, friends and my ward), advertise, and get some cash flow to get started up. I have the perfect little dressing room in my basement and we're right on USU campus. Thus:
What does anyone have to say about self-employment, weddings, money and dresses?
Yay!!! Megan! Thanks for the invite to your blog!! I think the wedding dress rental is a FABULOUS idea!! How are you going to get started? Do you have some dresses? I started my own wedding photography business and it has been WONDERFUL! So I am all for helping you if you need. We should even carry some of each others' business cards since we'll be in the same business! So fun to reconnect with you in the blogging world! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, Megan! I knew a lady who did that near our high school, only with formal dresses for dances. She made immodest ones modest and bought used dresses and rented them out for way cheaper than buying one. I've thought of doing something like that myself. It would be perfect around here I think!
ReplyDeleteGO FOR IT! And put EVERYTHING in writing. Make everyone who rents through/from you read and sign said writing. Liability is a fiesty beast.
ReplyDeleteHow's that for two cents? :)
I've got a nice little number to add to your collection...
Megan,
ReplyDeleteI am going to send you an e-mail with details about Tiffany's rental . . . but I think you would do well starting that type of business in Logan. If you would like to talk to Lori about the way she runs her business in Provo, Tiffany has her number.
Love
Mom O
I saw a nice, and I mean good quality - not 1980's, wedding dress in the DI today. Size 6. $50. I thought of you and your business venture. Go for it!
ReplyDelete