Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let the crafting begin!

So, with a little willpower and A LOT of help from friends and family, I saved up and bought a new sewing machine! It's a Pfaff select 4.0 mechanical machine from Wimmers. Great people, free service, and they even threw in an extra quilting foot for free!
I am so excited to get crafting! It's a good thing I'm out of school, or my homework would seriously be suffering right now. Ethan's even caught the fever as he began his own krazy quilt. (pictures upon completion)

First I made a nursing cover for my friend's baby shower last week: (pict coming soon)

Then , a baby blanket for another friends baby girl:

I free-hand cut this out, ironed on interfacing, and used an open overlock to applique it on.
This is the front, all pieced out of 3x3 pre-quilted flannel and birdie flannel.
This is the back. My first attempt at free-motion stippling. It wasn't perfect, but not hard at all with a little practice!
Did I mention that this friend of mine has mastered the art of making you feel great about silly-skiwumpas-to-small-to-really-use-embarrassed-to-give-it-away-mess-of-a-late-baby-quilt? Yup. Thanks Jess.

P.S. If anyone has any ideas/fabric laying around for a quilt that I could (practice) make for you, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I wish I could do that. How are you guys doing? We miss you. We stopped by your house awhile ago and no-one was home. Hope to see you guys next time we are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving up for a sewing machine too! Although, I'm not close to getting mine just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete