Friday, June 5, 2009

Interesting . . .


WARNING: Long, meditative, out loud-thinking post to follow.

So, I've decided something, our blog, at least my side of it, is boring.
But I am so not. How can this be?
I read blogs because they are interesting. They challenge my ideals, give me tips, bolster me, and make me laugh. If they do not these things, but rather list monotonous daily happenings, as I have done, I do not read them. *With the exception of family, because I actually love to hear what family does, boring as it might be.*
So, I want to change.
I do not post often because I am not a writer or journaler, although I love language. I'm a speaker and thusly, my post my sound more like a conversation with myself rather than with anyone else, or like a well-written article or chapter book. I like it that way.
Jill is a writer. If you read her blog, you know what I mean. It's a pleasure to read. Our love of language helps us appreciate one another.
The other thing that I do not do well but would like to improve is photography. The other reason for lack of posts.
In the spirit of repentance and progression, I now determine to improve the frequency and quality of my posts to match the prowess of Ethan's and the cuteness of my background/header.
If that made no sense, I'm sorry. All you need to know is that I'm going to try to make this blog much more interesting for you, readers and friends.

Some posts to come:
"straight" cutting
getting the wireless to work
Goals
Nauvoo
"I Can" attitude
moral/spiritual decisions
Baby stuff
Anniversary Meme

p.s. I love elephants.

2 comments:

  1. Bring it Megs. I've been waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a WONDERFUL speaker and teacher. So start teaching me. Here. On your blog. Ready? Set? GO. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete