Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Megan's (belated) Birthday Cake

The last few years I have made a birthday cake for megs called the 'darkest chocolate crepe cake' (i.e. 30+ layers of chocolate crepes smothered in Nutella and then covered with chocolate-drooling is allowed...). This year it came a little late (I just made it last week), but better late than never...and we actually remembered to take pictures!!!
Here is the recipe. For the 'filling' between crepes I use a bottle of Nutella and mix it with a container of Coolwhip).

And here are the pictures:
The Nutella mixture is spread on top of each crepe

Then you cover the whole thing with chocolatey goodness
Here is the finished product

There are 49 crepes in that stack...Yes I'm sure! Count them if you don't believe me!

It took about 4 hours to make the cake, but she's worth it!!!

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks SUPER delicious and impressive. Way to go Ethan for making it; way to go Megan for deserving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure we had something just like that when we were in Argentina, though it was Dulce de Leche instead of Nutella. I've always wanted a recipe so we will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do love cake, but that is enough frosting to give you a sugar rush all the way through the weekend.

    ReplyDelete