It's been a while since I posted an update on my pregnancy. Well, this arrived today.
I really like it. It's big. Holds a newborn up to 100 lbs, so hopefully this will be the only seat we have to buy. Speaking of buying, I scored this baby for $100 off, making it essentially the same price as an infant-only seat from Walmart. And it is n-i-c-e. I wouldn't mind a washable cover with velvety black fabric and tons of positions through pillows and recline. Especially now as baby is waking me through the night to let me know that my body is no longer as comfortable as a La-Z-Boy...
We also have a (borrowed) bassinet set up in the baby room to move to our room when we bring baby home.
Also, my cousin gave us a beautiful crib to use as well, but we won't set that up until needed.
The plan now is to sew a few more things to get ready to little ELM's arrival and paint a wall in baby's room. But mostly continue to get mentally/physically/spiritually ready for labor. I'm so looking forward to it. My mind just meets up with a brick wall to imagine what actually comes after baby actually comes out.
- Are we still excited? Yes! Like I said, from the reading and preparation I've done so far, I am dreaming of labor and how beautiful it's process will be.I'm excited to the experience to bring E and I closer, and to watch a miracle happen.
- How do I feel? Still puking. But not as much anymore, since I learned to improve my diet in relation to what nutrients I need in what quantities, and also drinking LOTS of water. Well lots to me, and I haven't had any swelling/water retention at all! My stress level has definitely decreased since making the decision to switch care providers. Again, thanks to my sweet chiropractor to referring me to our current one.
- When am I due? Like I said in the beginning, the doc kept changing her mind. From the first ultrasound (the most accurate) it'll be the first week of May. Please don't ask. I am not being induced unless I am VERY late. And I expect to go at least a week 'late' letting my body and baby get ready on their own.
- What are my thoughts about delivery? Things have worked out themselves very well in this respect. We will be delivering with a midwife in a birthing center close to our home. It is such a calm, private place with a very competent midwife to assist us. That's the most beautiful part, that this decision has been E and I's. We will be doing the laboring together.
- Is it a Boy or Girl? Still a surprise! Only the ultrasound tech saw, and I doubt she remembers. Well, her and all of heaven. We've narrowed our name list down to about a dozen per gender. I expect we'll whittle it down by half still, then wait to meet the little one.
- Total weight gain/loss? I'm officially back up to pre-pregnancy weight and still have several pounds to go over the next 2 months. E took this pic of my progression on the wii.
That's it! 2 months and our lives change. It's like the death of the shuttle program, only opposite. The birth of something new and eternal.


Enjoy this time!!!! Your preparations all look lovely.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!!!
I liked reading your post! You'll have to let me know how the natural stuff goes! I've opted for an epidural but I'm happy with my choice! I hope you have a smooth labor and delivery! Its crazy that we'll both be mommies in 2 months! I'm excited for baby play dates for the summer! We need to catch up and visit soon!
ReplyDeleteBrian and I are so excited for you guys! I was wondering a while back why we hadn't seen you at any FSA things and then when I saw your posts on FB it explained it all. You will be such great parents. My sis had her baby at home with a midwife and had a great experience. Enjoy your next two months together. Life will be amazingly wonderful and completely changed once baby gets here but I know you are probably so ready for that.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the last two month. And getting everything ready.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a sweet car seat. Is there anything you can share about improving your diet to not feel sick so much? I've been doing some reading on that, and a lot of reading on diet in relation to avoiding pre-eclampsia and everything else I can too :) I hope all goes well the birth. I saw on Goodreads that Ethan is reading a lot of books related to pregnancy/birth/parenting. That is great! Let me know your favorites.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for the both of you. We had our birthing experience with a midwife at a birthing center as well and loved it (even though we hadn't envisioned it the way it happened--labor always has some surprises). We plan on doing it the same way again, but we will hire a doula from the beginning this time! Good luck and I hope you have the labor you have wanted (something that will bring you and your husband closer together and a really special welcome for your new little one).
ReplyDelete