Sunday, August 7, 2011

Elder Lindstrom's Homecoming

Last Sunday we had the opportunity to go hear my cousin speak in Sacrament meeting about his mission. He served in the South Africa, Capetown mission and got home about a two weeks ago.

Here is a picture of him on his mission

He spoke about becoming saints, and shared stories about various people in South Africa and Namibia that he worked with and how they had followed the pattern set out in the scriptures for becoming saints. It was an excellent talk and you could see and hear how much he loved the people and loved to serve them by teaching them about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Several of my aunts/uncles/cousins came and it was good to see them and catch up as we don't see that side of my family very often. Here are some pictures from the day

Dallin and Grandma Bonnie
(I think I caught him between smiling for other people's pictures)


Richard and Sandy

Dallin with his Grandma, Dad, Aunts and Uncle


We were able to stay the whole day (and we ended up spending the night because we stayed talking so long) and hear a lot more about Dallin's mission, as well as catch up on what everyone else in the family has been doing.

One comment that stood out to me from the day was Dallin saying that early on, he didn't want to be on a mission, and so he didn't enjoy the work, but that as he continued to work and understand why he was serving, he grew to love and enjoy it. People would come up to him and say, " why are you so happy all the time?". Then he said, "The work didn't change, I was still doing the same things, tracting, teaching, etc., that I was doing at first, I changed.

It was a great experience and we are SO glad that we were able to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment