Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Raising a Bookworm


I love to read! And I have always hoped that my kids will love to read. To help Joshua with this, I have read with him from when he was a few weeks old. He would contentedly sit on my lap for hours while I would read, and I would occasionally read out loud to him from whatever I was reading. Now that he is a little more active he won't sit on my lap for very long, unless we have one of his books. Then, if he's in a good mood, he will sit and turn the pages as we read. He loves to turn pages...so much that sometimes I only get in a word or two on each page. I love reading with him and hope to continue to make time for it. 
However, that's not what this post is really about. This post is about how Joshua is already surpassing my expectations as a reader. In a trend that I hope will continue, he is now frequently picking up his books and 'reading' them on his own, though, as you'll notice in the above video, he gets distracted and stops when we try to video him. 
Also, we put a book (or two) in his crib when he goes to sleep, and several times we have gone in to get him and found him already up, contentedly 'reading' his book. I love it! If he sees or hears us, he'll stop, so its hard to get him on camera, but we did manage to get some footage: 


3 comments:

  1. The girls are the same way with books. They love them! I'm glad you're having the same success. It's so cute to see babies with books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, he is going to be a reading by the time he is two. Fun to see the videos. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete