Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Bible, A Bible, I read the Bible

This morning I finished reading the Bible! It's taken me over a year, but I'm glad that I did it. I love the gospels (and the epistles are growing on me...) and what they teach us about the way Jesus lived. I was thinking that, in the light of the recent clashes over proposition 8, it's a good time to be studying the life and attributes of Christ. In order to become like Him (and act like Him), we must know Him. I believe that will be ever more important (and ever harder) in the months and years to come, and I'm thankful that we have multiple sources to turn to,where we can learn of our Master and find the strength and courage to emulate him.
Addendum: Just after I posted this I read an article my mom sent by Orson Scott Card about proposition 8 and the need we have to be Christlike, especially when the opposition is not. It perfectly reinforced what I had been thinking about today!

No comments:

Post a Comment