What brand and model do you have? Pfaff Select 4.0
How long have you had it? 2 months
How much does that machine cost (approximately)? $900
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? Some machine quilting and clothing, but mostly basic tailoring and home decor
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get? I sew almost every day for about 1 hour at a time.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name? I love my machine, she can do more than my previous computerized quilter of a different brand. And so simple to use and customize stitches. Kind of like a having a manual transmission-more control!
What features does your machine have that work well for you? At first, I thought that the needle threader was frivolous and my young eyes could do to the work just fine. Now, I'm hooked! It makes my projects go much faster and less stressful. Also, there is the IDT system. It's a separate feeder for the top of the fabric and it really helps the fabric go through smoother and not slip around. I can also sew on buttons!
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
Do you have a great story to share about your machine? After much research and saving up for a new machine, my friends and family surprised me by making up the difference as a graduation present!
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why? Yes, I would. It's very easy to use and can do a lot of things that other mechanical machines can't, and it's pretty lightweight.
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? Look for a machine that has the most features for the price you're willing to spend. Look for all-metal gears and a good warrenty in case something goes wrong. It's also best to buy from a local shiop who knows your name and machine and can help you learn how to use it and fix it.
No comments:
Post a Comment