The last few weeks have been rather trying ones. About a month ago I got an MRI on my knee and found out I had torn meniscus (that's what the doctor thought I had), and also that I didn't have an ACL. Since that's kind of an important part of your knee, we all agreed that I should remedy the situation... Here I am almost three weeks after the surgery, normally a positive person, and my knee is healing pretty well, but man is it hard to keep a positive attitude about this (Hats off to you Jill-you never seemed as frustrated by being stuck in a stupid brace and hobbling around on crutches as I've felt lately...). But that's not what this post is really about...
What I really wanted to say was that I am blessed to have an incredibly caring, kind, supportive, wonderful (and beautiful) wife. I'm not sure how she does it...I'm sick of me sitting on the couch doing nothing, being rather useless and having to be served in every little thing, but she just keeps cheerfully getting me drinks, snacks, pills, and a million other things, on top of cleaning the house and starting to pack. It's a testament to her Christlike nature and servant's heart that she does it all without complaining (maybe she just figures that I'm doing enough complaining for both of us, but more likely it's just because she's so good!). I am extremely lucky to have her and hope that if ever the situation is reversed, and indeed, at all times, that I can show her how much I love her and give her the same five star service she is giving me!
She is pretty darn amazing. We sure benefited from her kindness. You're a lucky man to have such a wonderful lady at your side through all this.
ReplyDeleteHeal quick!
We love your wife too! She certainly has a heart of gold. Good luck with the healing and moving.
ReplyDeleteYep, you are a lucky guy! Hope you're on your feet again soon.
ReplyDeleteWe think about and pray for y'all all the time!
Hope things get better for you...good spouses are the best!
ReplyDeleteYes, you are lucky she is so good at so many things! - we all love you too, Megan! And glad that you are healing. So loved having you here for the Pumpkin Carving Party!
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom