Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week of craziness!

I guess the week of craziness really started last week.
Friday evening and Saturday 8-6 we attended a class about adoption offered by the Logan chapter of Familes Supporting Adoption. There was one other couple there and we learned so much. (Refer to last post.)
All the while E was wishing that he was either playing soccer or watching the World Cup, but he had a good attitude and enjoyed it as well.
We also got to spend some time with E's parents as they came up for part of our class on Saturday and took us out to dinner (Thanks!!! It was sooo yummy) We also found out that my grandfather passed away Saturday morning.

On Sunday evening we left for SLC to stay the night with my aunt and uncle because E was called up for federal jury duty at the district court in downtown Salt Lake. So I dropped off Ethan at 7 am and enjoyed some fun shopping that day and picked him up again at 2 pm. We went and played around at the planetarium until we checked in at the Little America hotel (provided by the court) and drove over to the memorial being held for my grandpa at a mortuary near their home. A few hundred people came and I think my grandma was pleasantly surprised and lifted up by all the kind people. We had a good time talking and laughing with our cousins and meeting this uncle and that twice-removed cousin again. When all the adults had gone, my SL cousins, and my sis and hubby went out to eat and continue our laughter and conversation.
Tuesday morning was bright and early again as my parents picked me up at 7am to bring me back to CV for the burial. The American Legion and 2 guys from the Reserve were there to honor my grandpa, a WWII veteran. It was a nice service and especially emotional as one of the soldiers presented my mom with the flag that had been draped over his coffin. More fun and togetherness ensued as we enjoyed a small luncheon at my parents for the family.
My SL cousins then graciously returned me to Salt Lake where E and I attended a show at the planetarium and then dinner in the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg.
All this time, E had been wanting to share with me the details of the case but of course, was not allowed to to.
Wednesday morning I again dropped off Ethan and went to a few stores around town. Nothing too exciting.
Then, as I went to pick him up, I got lost, of course because the streets of downtown SL are so confusing. Then, I almost got a parking ticket waiting outside. It had been 30 minutes after the end, and I went in to ask if they were finished and the guards told me that everyone had gone home. I was so worried and couldn't figure out why E hadn't called me. I tried to find a real parking spot, went in and asked again. By this time I had started crying so they took me back to the jury room and he was still in there finishing up. We just got some lunch and drove home exhausted. Ethan could finally tell me about the case and did so the whole 2 hours home. As soon as we got home, we both crashed and slept until late, finally getting up around bedtime, I made some Filipino soup that I ate for dinner (and breakfast this morning) then going to bed again.
So if we're tried and a bit behind on work and other things, you'll have to forgive us.

2 comments:

  1. That DOES sound like crazy week! I'm sorry about your grandpa, but it sounds like it was a nice service. That is kinda crazy that Ethan had jury duty. We are actually planning on trying your Filipino soup soon. Oh, and one more random thing, I enjoyed your little story about meeting Henry Winkler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Have you had time to catch your breath yet? Wowee! Soooo...what did you shop for? How was the trial? And may I ask for the soup recipe?

    ReplyDelete