For several weeks now Megs has been reminding me that this is OUR blog and urging me to post. That it is OUR, not HER, blog might come as a surprise to you. It did to me.......
Each time she has urged me to post my mind has re-run the past few days looking for significant events to write about. As you can tell from my lack of posts, up till now I haven't found any, or at least that I have not found any that I feel capable of expressing in the manner that they deserve. And while logically I know that the point of blogging is to be able to share some of the insignificant, but nevertheless special, moments of our lives with our friends and families, it is still hard for me to find in my own life things that I feel are worth sharing. Part of the trouble comes from (whether real or perceived) my lack of skill as a writer, my lack of ability to express to MY satisfaction, my feelings and the things that are important to me.
But this weekend I have come upon a solution. I realized that there are two things in my life that I KNOW are significant and about which I can post: My wonderful, beautiful, amazing, (and at the present time, sick) wife Megan; and the Lord Jesus Christ. And while it is hard to express my feelings toward and about these two, it is always worth the effort. They are the core of my life. Each day I am blessed by their love, and each day I hope to return that love in kind, though I often feel inadequate to do so.
I hope that in my posts I will be able to share my love for the gospel and my family, and that in in them I will be able to share some of the poignant moments from institute, church, family home evening, and everyday life that bring me close to my wife and my Savior.
Ethan,
ReplyDeleteYou are a very capable writer and have a lovely way of expressing yourself. You need to do so more often! I love to read what you write!
Love
Mom