Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It was a normal situation: Sunday evening,the family was gathered around the table ready to play a game. The caveat: A stake priesthood meeting. I like going to priesthood meetings, they are usually very edifying and inspire me to be better. But two weeks ago, I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay home and play the farming game, a dilemma I usually don't face. Thanks to a good wife, a slight prod from the spirit, and a small encouragement from a father-in-law who believes in fulfilling your priesthood duties, I made it. And that seemingly small decision has made a large impact on my life:
-It reaffirmed my testimony that our priesthood leaders are led from on high
-It renewed my desire to share the gospel with my co-workers
-I was lifted up and given strength that only in hindsight could I see that I was lacking.

Truly the Lord kept his promise when he said "if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and astrengthen them,..."

2 comments:

  1. I am always inspired by your posts, Ethan. When we were up in Idaho this summer, a sister gave one of the best talks I have ever heard in Sacrament meeting. She talked about how important it is that we are in "the Right Place at the Right Time" so Heavenly Father can bless us with what we need. Then she proceeded to tell about Sacrament meetings that she had attended the last few years and how the speaker had answered her prayers or taught her an important concept she needed to know. She obviously took great notes in these meetings - but WOW, I was really impressed with her message and how important it is that we go to the meetings we are supposed to go to!

    Love you
    Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like this farming game is one you need to teach us!:)

    ReplyDelete