This is the intro to the next few posts I will make:
For the past while I have been involved in the CES preservice program, i.e. trying to become a seminary teacher. To be eligible to be hired you must meet the following requirements: Graduate from institute, take the doctrines of the gospel institute classes, have a bachelors degree, be married (for men), and go through the preservice program, i.e. take two institute classes, "Intro to teaching seminary" and "Methods of teaching seminary". During the methods class you do a practicum, i.e. observe a seminary class and then teach the class for a week. About 60 people start the program each year (in Logan) and about 30 do the practicum. Of those 30, ~8 will get to student teach for a semeseter or year, and of those 2-4 will be hired.
I did my teaching last week and just found out that, most likely, I won't be student teaching (I'm in a pool of reserves if there's an opening...). I'm a little disappointed, but the experience has been wonderful and a great blessing in my life, so I thought I would dedicate a few posts to it now that I have the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment