Friday, September 18, 2009

Blackberries for sell! No scratch that . . . for SALE!

Here I sit on my parents front porch attempting to sell blackberries. The sale at our local grocery store of choice is 1 cup of blackberries for $3.59. My father, helping me make some extra cash as well as unload a too large crop, has allowed me to try and sell them at $3 per cup.
Wish I could take a picture, as I usually forebear the reading of posts sans pics, but alas, I have no camera, nor the patience to retrieve it, snap, and upload said photo.
So, if your you're in the area, please stop bu for a chat.
(The following photos are from a Google search meant to entice buyers to come and partake of this smokin' deal.)

$5 a stinkin' cup??? I told you it was a smokin' deal!!
Yes, it would be apropo for me to include a few recipes for such decadent, plump, juicy-sweet delectables. But then again, if you know me and fruit, it would be completely out of the question. Case dismissed.
P.S. I love that above the roar of SUVs, trucks, and consturuction you can still here the clip clop of horses hooves tramping through this little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment