Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pray for something he can give you...

At one point Bro. Griffin told us to make sure that we were praying for things that God could give us. He reminded us that if all 30 of us were praying that God would make us seminary teachers, God could not answer those prayers. Well he could he said (he has all power), but he won't answer that prayer for all of you.
That really opened my eyes and my heart. Up to that point I think I probably had been praying for his help to become a seminary teacher. Afterwards I was able to honestly look at what I wanted. I asked Him to help me do my best as I taught, that I could teach by the spirit and be a blessing in the lives of the students. That prayer was answered!!!

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your insight and understanding. I had an experience a few years ago that gave me insight into prayer as well. We were praying for someone in the ward that needed a transplant and I realized in order for him to have that transplant, someone else was going to lose their life . . . so I prayed that Heavenly Father's will would be done. But when it comes to our own personal experiences and trials those are often the very hardest words we can say. When Arianne was in the hospital after her accident, it took me so long to be able to finally stop pleading for her life to be spared, but to just say, "Father, thou who knows what is best for each of us, I pray thy will be done." It was after that prayer that I finally felt peace and knew that whatever happened, it would be okay.

    Love you so much! I was so proud of both you and Megan yesterday - congratulations graduates!

    ReplyDelete