Surprise!
The baby God has planned for me and E
isn't coming from an agency, but from inside of me!
isn't coming from an agency, but from inside of me!
OK, since I've never done this before, and too much of anything is making me sick these days, this will be quick and concise.
- Are we excited?
- Absolutely! Ecstatic! If you don't know, we had our hopes placed in adoption and this is such a huge blessing. The weight of it is indescribable.
- How do I feel?
- Sick. This thing a size of a lime can make me lose it anytime, anyplace???? Explain this to me.
- Was this planned?
- Ha! Is there much in our lives that is? It's more like the unplanned, unprepared, and unbelievable.
- When am I due?
- In the spring. "I always wanted to be a June bride, and have a baby right off, in the spring maybe"
- I don't know. Doc keeps changing her mind. As of today I am 13 weeks 5 days.
- What are my thoughts about delivery?
- If I fit within the parameters of low-risk, my ideal birth would be at home, well, a home with a huge jetted tub with just Hubby, midwife, and doula.
- However, Ethan is justifiably a little nervous about complications and such, so our first will definitely be in a hospital. Natural, but we'll have to see about a tub there.
- Is it a Boy or Girl?
- ????
- 7. How did you find out you were pregnant?
- I've been going to a chiropractor and while discussing my aches and pains she says, "could you be pregnant?" I say no. Not possible. Well, possible, but no. So I got a hosp test and prepped myself for the all-to-common "negative" over the phone. She said "positive". What? "Positive". Oh. Ok.
- Did you want to find out the sex?
- Not sure. We probably won't for the fun of it, also the frugality to not buy much since we won't know colors etc. Plus I like green W-A-Y over pink or blue.
- Relief?
- Sleeping, but more specifically having crazy/intensely detailed dreams. If it's illogical and I'm skinny, I know I can relax and not worry about losing my lunch.
- 1/2 Gatorade/Powerade, 1/2 ice water. First liquid that I can consume at all. And I can do 2 glasses a meal without feeling queasy or losing it later.
- Favorite parts?
- My Grandma's reaction, she was so excited for us.
- Having so many other friends due around my time. I thought I'd never be in "the club" or be able to do "playdates" with them.
- Having a secret this big.
- My Grandma made us an exceptionally-adorable (and gender-neutral) baby blanket, just like the ones I had as a baby (and still occasionally sleep with).
- Getting to have snow/winter for the greater part of this journey. I LOVE Oct-May in Cache Valley!!!!
- Total weight gain/loss?
- - 20 from pre-conception.
- Best moment this week?
- Watching the babe kick and squirm through the 12-week (ish) ultra-sound. Little bug's got E's nervous energy!
Oh my gosh! I can't even tell you how I excited I am for you guys! I know you've wanted this for a really long time. What a miracle! Hope you get feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteWell although you're due before me its not by much so you bet we're in the same club and will have play dates! Again we're so very happy for you guys and can't wait to hang out in Logan when we get back!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! I love your reaction, "Positive? Oh, ok." That was my exact reaction with my third because it wasn't exactly planned. So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteMegan! Hey it's your cousin... Jaime! Remember me? It's been a while! Anyway, this is really great! I'm so happy for you! What an amazing miracle!!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful news. Good luck with everything and I hope you can work something out with the jetted tub :)
ReplyDeleteGod has answered our prayers for you. Every baby is a miracle but (if you've forgotten) I am ecstatic for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So excited for you guys...hopefully you will start feeling better soon. Pregnancy is hard, but those little babies are worth it! Yay!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! I'm so thrilled for you guys! Keep those pregnancy posts coming!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, what great news!! Congratulations you guys!:) I hear you on the natural birth. IMC in SLC has jetted tubs in their delivery rooms, so I'm happy about that. (Although you can't have a water birth. There are birthing centers though.) I'm excited to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteSelamat! I'm so excited for you both. Being a mom is challenging but great at the same time (kind of like a mission)
ReplyDeleteHey Megan....I know you don't know me-but I went to school with Ethan and I wanted to tell you guys congrats!!!! I love reading your blog and just from knowing Ethan, and what I have learned about you, I know you two will be amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! That is so exciting!! Good luck with the pregnancy!! Hope you start to feel better!
ReplyDeleteHurray! I'm sorry you have been SO SICK! Hopefully it will ease up in the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteI have crazy dreams when I'm pregnant too. One of the more entertaining aspects of pregnancy...
Excited to see you two at Thanksgiving!
What I meant was "Excited to see you THREE at Thanksgiving!"
ReplyDeleteThis is really so great! I hope the sickness goes away soon. Pregnancy dreams - there's just nothing else like them. Try being the ONLY person on your street (aside from singles/past birthing years) who ISN'T pregnant. How is that for being in the club??
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh congrats!!! I am really really really excited for you guys! You are going to be amazing parents and really all I can say is I am so excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteSELAMAT!! Kabar baik sekali!!! I can't wait to see this little cute baby of yours. I wish you the very best in your pregnancy and delivery!
ReplyDelete