Friday night I made the Latkes as promised. But I used part sweet potato and part russet, with no carrots as mine were frozen. Nothing against the recipe, but I though they were pretty boring.
Saturday morning I had the blessing of going to my parents' ward's Christmas breakfast. Part of the program was a local storyteller preform the Christmas story from Joseph's perspective. I blubbered. What is it about pregnancy? It was beautiful. If I find out he's doing it again, I'll invite you all. It was beautiful and sweet, and just what I needed. I caught a glimpse of what a miracle my own pregnancy is, and what real people Mary & Joesph were.
Sunday we ate dinner at my parents and missed the Christmas devotional, but I read a good part of the December Ensign in the morning. It is fabulous. It's like the church knew that we're trying to improve our holiday season, and amply provided. Highly recommended.
Monday evening, we caught the last night of the Live Nativity put on by one of the local farms in our town. I gushed, again. So what if the players were in jeans and sneakers? If Mary was bleach-blond with glitter nails? That they laughed and chatted. The scene, with the hay, the animals, and the baby-doll Jesus really touched me. We pet a donkey, sheep, and zebra-striped mule. I hope that you'll make time next year if you're in the area.
We have 2 treats as compesation for missing so many days.
Baby ELM 20 weeks gestational age
It's a little blurry, but it's baby's face in profile with a thumb's up sign pointing to babe's forehead.
Wow.
Can you believe that??? I hardly can, but it is getting a touch more real.
Treat #2 is VERY one of my very favorite songs ever. And it seems to fit with the two awesome experiences I had.
#18 on the playlist "Breath of Heaven" sung by Amy Grant. It's really touching, and honestly, too much for this emotional pregnant girl to take much of.
I have traveled
Many moonless night
Cold and Weary
With a babe inside
And I wonder
What I've done
Holy Father
You have come
Chosen me now
To carry your son
I am waiting
in a silent prayer
I am frightened
by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone
Be with me now
Be with me now
Breath of Heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven
Lighten my darkness
Pour over me, your holiness
For your holy Breath of Heaven
Do you wonder
As you watch my face
If a wiser one, should of had my place
But I offer-all I am
For the mercy-of your plan
Help me be strong
Help me be
Help me
Many moonless night
Cold and Weary
With a babe inside
And I wonder
What I've done
Holy Father
You have come
Chosen me now
To carry your son
I am waiting
in a silent prayer
I am frightened
by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone
Be with me now
Be with me now
Breath of Heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven
Lighten my darkness
Pour over me, your holiness
For your holy Breath of Heaven
Do you wonder
As you watch my face
If a wiser one, should of had my place
But I offer-all I am
For the mercy-of your plan
Help me be strong
Help me be
Help me
Painting is, of course, copyright Joseph Brickey, but as I own a print that I purchased directly from the artist, I feel ok about posting it.


I love love that song. Thanks for reminding me about it. I'll have to go listen to it a few hundred times this season.
ReplyDeleteAre you going to find out the gender of the baby? Have you already? What is it? I'm dying to know.
Try not to take books' guidelines too seriously. Too often I've found it leads to unnecessary stress. There's a copy of that Joseph Brickley at the Logan temple (you probably already know that :)), but every time I went there while I was pregnant and saw it I would shed a few tears and feel a certain closeness to Mary.
ReplyDeleteYay I'm glad you started feeling it! I still think you're crazy for not finding out what your baby is but more power to you! Sorry you're still feeling sick! I'm in the same boat my friend!
ReplyDeleteMost first time moms don't feel their baby until 18-20 weeks. I don't think I did until closer to 20. I don't feel my baby now & I'm almost 13 weeks. Sometimes I think I do, but it's not very distinct, so I'm going to say i haven't yet. You're not going to find out the sex till baby is here?! You are strong! I'm too impatient. If I get a girl this time, we'll wait on the third one till it's born to know. Are you having a baby shower? Let me know I want to come! I love that song by the way, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBooks are very good to read- I found it very helpful, but take some of what they say with a grain of salt. I didn't start to feel Ellie until I was almost 22 weeks, it is all in the way that you carry your child.
ReplyDeleteI love that painting too. Mary looks like she is 9 month pregnant riding a donkey. But still thoughtful about what she bringing into this world and what it will mean.
Enjoy the little kicks! Soon enough you'll be telling the little guy to stop kicking your ribs. Selamat!
ReplyDeleteIt is so reassuring to feel that fluttering in the tummy!
ReplyDeleteI've been a sobby mess this whole season too, and my baby is out! I can't even sing the hymns in church.
Maybe I'll be able to hold it together when Eden is done with nursing? Maybe I'm going to be like this forever now? Just warning ya. :)
Love that print.